Sunday, October 18, 2009

Coldplay and Jesus

Ever wonder how each decade is characterized by the time of pop music? So I was listening to White Shadows by Coldplay (one of my fave songs by them), and thought of how 80-s influenced it was. With the ins and outs of the music in your ear, it had the vibes of the electric 80s sound that we are all so familiar with. Except much higher sound quality and less static, it's much easier to make out the words in the songs. Next, Suck My Kiss by RHCP played and I was thinking how similar it sounds to Sublime (just that particular song). How could both these two artists be equally as "popular" in this decade? What will our decade sound like to the kids who listen back upon it years from now? I wanna know. Because 80s music sounds fuzzy and computerized to me.

Something funny happened last night. I met Jesus. And I didn't even know it. He entered the Metro at approximately 10 45 pm with his brown latch sandals, hemp-like fibered cloth, and long hair and blonde-brown beard. The guy sitting next to him on the bus quickly taps his hand on Jesus' shoulder and quickly retracts:
"Hey, you were on TMZ, right?"

Apparently this Jesus is on TV and he roams the Grove. The guy keeps talking to Jesus while he glances back and forth at us, since I am involved in the conversation with my eyes. He then leaves to attend some Black Eyed Peas event, and shortly thereafter Jesus proceeds to pick up a conversation with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment